Our Town is a 1938 three-act play by American playwright Thornton Wilder. It tells the story of the fictional American small town of Grover's Corners between 1901 and 1913 through the everyday lives of its citizens.
NOTE - the role of Mrs. Gibbs is played by Xi-Quan or Xi Quan or Chi Kwon or Che Quan or Kwan (we will update as soon as we confirm the spelling).
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Corey Helfrick is the set designer and painter.
- Rickie Vasquez is the stage manager.
- Mr. Richard Katimski is the director.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Names on the Our Town cast sheet, and the roles they received:
- George Gibbs - Brett Cody
- Rebecca Gibbs - Jacey Johnson
- Wally Webb - Darcy Spires
- Emily Webb - Rayanne Graff
- Professor Willard - Pat Hoeschener
- Mr. Webb - Tom Traugott
Other cast members:
Stage Manager - Abyssinia Churchill.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Stage Manager – a narrator, commentator, and guide through Grover's Corners. This role is performed by Abyssinia Churchill.
- Emily Webb – a main character, she marries George Gibbs and has an early death. She is played by Rayanne Graff.
- George Gibbs – the other main character. He is played by Brett Cody.
- Frank Gibbs – George's father, the town doctor.
- Julia (Hersey) Gibbs (Mrs. Gibbs) – George's mother.
- Charles Webb (Mr. Webb) – Emily's father. He is played by Tom Traugott.
- Myrtle Webb – Emily's mother.
Secondary characters[edit | edit source]
- Joe and Si Crowell – local paperboys.
- Simon Stimson – the choir director and church organist.
- Howie Newsome – the milkman.
- Rebecca Gibbs – George's younger sister. She is played by Jacey Johnson.
- Wally Webb – Emily's younger brother. He is played by Darcy Spires.
- Professor Willard – a rather long-winded lecturer. He is played by Pat Hoeschener.
- Woman in Auditorium – concerned with temperance.
- Man in Auditorium – concerned with social justice.
- Another Woman in Auditorium – concerned with culture and beauty.
- Mrs. Louella Soames – a gossipy townswoman and member of the choir.
- Constable Bill Warren – the policeman.
- Three Baseball Players – who mock George at the wedding.
- Joe Stoddard – the undertaker.
- Sam Craig – a nephew of Mrs Gibbs who left town to seek his fortune. He came back after 12 years in Buffalo for Emily's funeral.
- Dead Man
- Dead Woman
- Mr. Carter
- Farmer McCarty
- Bessie – Howie Newsome's horse (visible to the characters, but not the audience).